Illuminations Mod 1.16.4/1.15.2 is a pretty cool mod. The main thing that Illuminations add to Minecraft is fireflies! Fireflies, also known as glowing bugs, are glowing insects. Fireflies are a fairly famous creature and in many places they are a mysterious symbol with deep meanings. Illuminations add fireflies to Minecraft for the purpose of improving the liveliness in Minecraft’s world.
You will see your surroundings at night will start to appear small light spots flying around. Those are the fireflies of the mod. You can build a Bug Net to catch fireflies (to catch fireflies you just need to hold the Net Bug in your hand and then right click on the firefly). Fireflies will be caught in your inventory. You can drop it or you can use it to build “Firefly in a Bottle”. Firefly in a Bottle is a small glass box containing glowing fireflies in it. It can be used as a pretty lovely decorative lamp!
Currently, this is what mods bring to Minecraft 1.14 but the author is updating many new things for the mod. Illuminations also has version for Minecraft 1.12.2 with more for you to use but it has been discontinued so there will be no new content for its version 1.12.2.
- Fabric (for 1.14.1)
- Forge Mod Loader (for 1.12.2)
How to Install Fabric using Vanilla Launcher:
- Download and install Minecraft Launcher Vanilla
- Download and install Fabric Installer for Vanilla Launcher ( https://fabricmc.net/use/ )
- Run jar file that you just download and choose the version you want to install and press “Install”
- Run Minecraft, choose profile to install Fabric and press Play.
- Press Start on desktop.
- Open Run.
- Type %appdata% into Run and press enter.
- Go to Roaming/.minecraft/mods
- Place jar file into mods folder and run Minecraft.