Familiar Fauna Mod 1.12.2 is a great mod for your Minecraft game. It adds Minecraft new creatures to make your world more diverse, more vivid!
- Deer are passive mobs that generally spawn in temperate forest biomes, as well as some colder biomes. They randomly spawn as either a doe (Female) or buck (Male), and can sometimes appear naturally in their baby form.
- Deer are also very skittish, and will run away from nearby players. Additionally, Deer can be tempted/bred using apples if they are of the opposite sex from one another.
- When killed, mature deer drop Venison, a meat that can be eaten raw, or cooked to restore additional hunger.
- Snails are ambient mobs that spawn in swampy biomes and randomly crawl around. When killed, they have a chance of dropping a Snail Shell.
- Turkey are passive mobs that generally spawn in temperate forest biomes, as well as some colder biomes. They randomly spawn as either a hen (Female) or tom (Male).
- Additionally, Turkey can be tempted/bred using wheat, beetroot, pumpkin, or melon seeds if they are of the opposite sex from one another.
- When killed, mature turkey drop Turkey Legs, which can be eaten raw, but they will give the Hunger effect, or they can cooked to be eaten safely and restore additional hunger.
- Dragonflies are ambient mobs that spawn in wet, temperate biomes. They appear in a variety of colors, and fly around in the air.
- Butterflies are ambient mobs that spawn in warm, lush biomes. They appear in a variety of colors, and fly around in the air.
- Pixie are ambient mobs that spawn in magical biomes. They appear in a variety of colors, and fly around in the air, making trails of bright, colorful pixie dust.
- When killed, they have a chance of dropping Pixie Dust.
Familiar Fauna also has 2 new items: Bug Net and Bug Habitat that you can use to catch insects (Pixie, Butterflies, Dragonflies).
In addition, Familiar Fauna also supports many mods that add new Minecraft biomes such as Biome O ’Plenty, Twilight Forest, Conquest, Traverse, and so on.
- Forge Mod Loader.
How to Install Familiar Fauna Mod 1.12.2 for Minecraft
- Download Forge Installer, Familiar-Fauna-1.12.2.jar file
- Right click Forge Installer, Run as Administrator and press OK to install Forge. (You can skip this step if you’ve installed Minecraft Forge)
- Open Start on desktop > Open Run (Or you can use the Windows + R keyboard shortcut)
- Type %appdata% into Run and press enter.
- Go to folder /.minecraft/mods
- Put jar file of the Mod into mods folder and then run Minecraft. Done!