Instead of changing gameplay, Better HUD Mod 1.12.2/1.11.2 (BHM) focuses on improve the simple and friendly Minecraft HUD with better information display for new players.
BHM adds new features to the HUD, and those features can be toggled on/off or rearrange their positions to get the most optimized interface.
Better HUD Mod’s features added:
- Block Viewer: show blocks number that you see.
- Hunger Indicator: Steak symbol flickering that means the player are being full Hunger.
- Compass: appear over the screen (look like a compass of The Elder Scrolls game), a feature helping players to avoid the loss in forests or deserts.
- Light level: show the color level in the block where players are standing.
- Distance: show the distance of a player block, the maximum distance of 200 blocks.
- Coordinates: show the latitude where you stand, above compass.
- Hide players: hide (show) all players in the server or even show yourself.
- Enchantment Indicator: show when you can enchant, show on exp and have book shape.
- Equipped Info: show equipment you take and the time usage of them.
- Blood splatters: when you are hit, on your screen will appear the blood (disappear after short time)
- Food and Health Stats: show Food and Health indicators of players.
- Potion Display: show Potion effects are influencing players, if one Potion is expired, it will faint and disappear.
- Exp. Info: show current Exp indicator and essential Exp to move to the next level.
- Clock: show time and the current date, bed symbol appears that means the player can sleep.
- FPS: show FPS
- Connection: current server information, player number, and IP.
- Sign Reader: support to read what is read in sign with the distance of 200 blocks at most.
- Arrow Count: count the remaining arrow number in inventory when using a bow.
- Mob Info: show information about a mob (blood, arrow,…) just operate when seeing that mod.
- Horse info: Show the speed and the ability of the horse to jump high, operate as Mob info.
- Biome: get out of you are into.
- Breed Indicator: inform the remaining time before animals can breed and eliminate foods that need to breed.
- Full inventory Indicator: inform when your inventory doesn’t have a vacancy.
- Water Drops: show droplets on the screen when it’s raining and you jump out of the
- Item Pickup: show the name and the item amount that you have picked, if you picked nothing in a certain time, counting system will self-reset.
- Turn-off button to open setting is U, it can replace in “Miscellaneous” folder.
Note: Hotkey for setting is U, can be changed in “Miscellaneous”.
How to install Better HUD Mod 1.12.2/1.11.2
- Download Forge Installer, and .jar file of BetterHUD.
- Right-click Forge Installer, Run as Administrator and press OK to install Forge. (You can skip this step if you’ve installed Minecraft Forge)
- Open Start on desktop > Open Run (Or you can use the Windows + R keyboard shortcut)
- Type %appdata% into Run and press enter.
- Go to folder /.minecraft/mods
- Put jar file of BetterHUD into mods folder and then run Minecraft. Done!